Fuel Cell Commercialization Perspectives — Market Concepts, Competing Technologies and Cost Challenges for Automotive and Stationary Applications
Fuel cells are currently being developed for the following applications:
- power for portable electronic devices (5–50 W)
- power for remote telecommunications applications (100W–1 kW)
- power for construction and outdoor recreation uses (1–3kW)
- auxiliary power units for cars and trucks, and motive power for scooters (3–5 kW)
- stationary power generation (1 kW–50 MW) electric passenger car, utility vehicle, and bus power systems (20 kW–250 kW).
In Handbook of Fuel Cells – Fundamentals, Technology and Applications, ed. Wolf Vielstich, Hubert Gasteiger, Arnold Lamm, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3, chapter 110.